Fear.
"Fear is the fear of the unknown." A quote we've heard a billion times, makes sense too, we're always afraid about whats gonna happen in the future.
In my case it isn't even that, to me the future is something that we should be prepared for and afraid of, thats not it.
Its the outside.
I know it's trivial, but when I'm alone, and I walk around I have this irrational fear, I don't mind it much but Ill always be on edge for no apparent reason.
Except there is one.
Let's go back to the past.
I was a kid who liked swimming, and every Thursday evening me, my dad and my sis used to go to the pool.
One day a very excited me decided to go a little early and wait next to car.
A group of boys approach me and ask a for a ball.
For context, I used to play in the ground below our building at night (we had an active community of kids in the building) and I used to bring a ball all the time, makes sense right.
So back to the group of kids, I tell em it's not mine, naturally they get aggressive, I continue to assert that it's not mine. in fear I start running away, the smaller in the bunch jumps on to me and grabs my neck, and it gets kinda violent. Me being a kid didn't play fighting games yet (meaning fighting back wasn't a thing yet.)
Thankfully there was the friendly cleaner guy, and my dad came a few moments later (he ran real fast and chased em away).
But unfortunately this event left me kinda scarred, every time I go to a mall alone, I have this fear in the back of my mind, forever lingering.
Comments
Post a Comment