Isolation dairies. Day 9: Communication.
Up till now, all I was talking about the negative aspects of being isolated, but its not as horrible as you think.
There are benefits to being stuck at home all day, and for me, it was coming back to writing.
But all this sitting idle made me think, being isolated shows you how much dependent on social interaction humans are, to call humans 'social animals' is an understatement, I mean how aren't we insane yet.
And this brings me to how much of a necessity the internet became to us.
The internet made this period of time from literal 'social isolation' to just being 'social distancing'.
Lot of my interaction shifted from physical to digital, but I didn't completely disconnect myself, rather I made connections with people I never even spoke to before.
It was either because I didn't have the courage or time to interact, but this 'isolation' gave me an opportunity to.
Old classmates, relatives I haven't met in a long time or people I just plain ignored (/was rude to), you get the idea.
Something you should do is use the technology in you palms for what it was originally intended, to communicate to the ones dearest to us, no matter how far and wide.
See you later!
-Aniru
Comments
Post a Comment