Social media.
I decided to do a sort of a social experiment (for lack of a better word) on myself.
I stopped using instagram for a few months, I mean I still continued texting people, but my overall interaction was low.
It made me realize how dependent we are on social media to get any kind of information, whether it be general news or about your friends new rubber band.
But that wasnt the reason I left, I'll discuss the specifics on a later date
Anyways, I felt like I had time for other things, I started to understand what my sister ment when she wrote about her experience taking a break from social media.
It felt great!
Days passed, I started making friends on discord with my new found time and it's was all Normal.
Then something happened.
On a normal conversation with my classmate, he brought up the topic of my batch mate,
"I want to post a story about him, loads of people watch my stories."
I being totally oblivious, sent an innocent "lol".
He replied with a "lol?" And what came after, left me speechless.
It was a missing person notice,
I jump on instagram and post a story on it, 100+ people saw it but thats beyond the point.
He was Missing for 2 days by the time I got to know.
A few days back, he returned home, (I gave him a lecture about it too), but that made me think, if I was still active on instagram, I would've known a little earlier, I could've gotten those 100 people to act earlier.
It might look like I'm blaming myself, (don't worry I'm not.) but it shows how much of our life social media took over.
Let it be a rubber band, or a missing person notice, every single aspect of our lives have been influenced by social media, be it good or bad.
I'm still distancing myself from instagram, but I drop in once a while for stuff like this.
And I'm really happy he's safe.
Anyways,
See you later!
-Aniru
Wow that's awesome even i took a distance from social media and it was somehow similar like this
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that you enjoyed reading it!
DeleteI always try to make sure that everything I write is as relatable as possible!