2023

Writing these end of year posts gives me a reason to relax, think about every day (Majority of which I just cant remember), then filter it down to those special moments that I feel would be appropriate to put here.

Now moving past the thought process.

The first year we got without the direct influence of covid, (As I'm writing this, a new variant just popped up, but I don't think this one "Fingers crossed" will affect our lives as much as the previous couple did)

No lockdowns, no staying indoors every time your sick, none of that, back to the "somewhat" normal lives we all used to live.

This year feels like a breeze.
Going through all the photos just to remember all the little moments is a rush, all the places I've been to, the things I've done. The old me would be jealous for sure.

But at the same time, I feel like I'm finally starting to settle, not worrying about things as much. I know the future is uncertain and all that, but I feel like I've reached the point where I can do things to the degree I want it, without thinking about all the things I wont be able to do, I know I'll figure it out, I always have.
I know settling means to stop moving, but I take it as a new starting point, away from all the chaos of life. A full stop in the end of a sentence, a small pause before you feel like moving again.

I've never wanted to venture far from home, but now I feel like there are a few places I know I'll be comfortable going to, and I like that.
I want to go to places that I would've once hated to go to, I want to do things I always saw as weird.
As much as I hate change, I'm starting to love it.

And with that, I bid farewell, to the year, and the me I left behind.

See you later!
- Aniru

Comments

Popular Posts